Emergency Relief Preparation Starts with Planning Ahead
BALTIMORE – June 21, 2018 – We’re pretty excited to announce a new partnership with Epicenter Media & Training (Epicenter), a public safety technology consulting and training agency that provides organizations with the support needed to serve their communities during the 2018 Atlantic hurricane season.
With the 2018 hurricane season forecasted to generate 10 to 16 named storms, delayed planning can leave organizations scrambling to find the resources needed to support their communities. However, due to the significant amount of lead time prior to a hurricane making landfall, organizations have the benefit of planning ahead and staging resources that to be prepared for any incident.
Are you prepared to ensure safe charging to your communities during moments of need?
Here’s the short list of things to consider when planning ahead:
- Employ multiple power sources to ensure you don’t rely solely on one: Think power grids, generators and solar power as alternate solutions.
- Use charging technology that is UL certified to prevent shock
- Provide multiple forms of charging. Think beyond USB cables to outlets and other types of cable.
- Have the ability to charge a wide range of device. Think beyond phones, tablets, and laptops, did you know that many people need to charge their wheel chairs?
- Plan to distribute charging options equitably throughout a jurisdiction. Not everyone will be able to come to a central location. Be mindful of your community members and their needs, the more areas you provide charging technology, the better served they will feel.